Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is a PNA home network and how can I install one?

We use cell phones in my family so the existing phone lines in the house have no use... However, I've heard that those lines and phone jacks can be used to create a multimedia network in your home. It's apparently called PNA and I've found a lot of talk online about companies that will charge an arm-and-a-leg to do it, but I can't find anything about how I can do it myself. How does it work? What do I need to buy? Is it a big pain to try? Any guidance and professional advice is appreciated.What is a PNA home network and how can I install one?
There are three competing formats for home networking





Powerline networking using your power lines


http://www.homeplug.org/home








Home PNA uses phone lines or Coax


http://www.homepna.org/en/index.asp





Or Wifi


In both HPNA and homeplug the setup is very easy.


You can buy ethernet adaptors for both HPNA and HomePlug, but it may cost you more than setting up wireless.


Check the web for vendors.

No comments:

Post a Comment