Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I create a wireless home network for sharing files and a printer?

I am trying to create a file sharing network between a wireless desktop and hardwired laptop. Also later I may want to add another wireless laptop. I have given both computers the same workgroup name and run the windows home network wizard but I cannot connect to either computer. Neither one seems to recognize the other. I have heard some people talk about switches. If this is what I need to fix it please explain to me what a switch is and how hard it is going to be to set one up.How do I create a wireless home network for sharing files and a printer?
network magic is good for wireless and wired connections..it searches and finds everthing on your network. you can setup filesharing and printer for both computers. i have 5 networked right now with the same program.its a trial software but it still will keep your puters online and printers. network magic is available at purenetworks or cnet.com good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment