Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to determine wireless network security key?

I'm trying to set up a wireless network connection for my new computer, which has Windows 7 installed. It recognizes the network, but I don't know the security key (passphrase.) I know it's usually the number under the serial number on the router itself, but I've tried entering this number and I'm still not able to connect to the network. What do I need to do?





Thanks!How to determine wireless network security key?
Make sure you have key set up to what your router and network adaptor has configured. It's no good trying to connect using wpa aes if things are configured to use wpa pk2.





Also you might not have your network set up to obtain ips from the dhcp server client.How to determine wireless network security key?
What is the brand of the router?


In general, you can try this:


Go to your browser and enter this into the address bar: 192.168.1.1


The username by default is admin. The password by default is admin.


Then use the menu to navigate to your wireless settings. There you'll find the password.
go into your router's configuration, most probably by typing in 192.168.1.1 into your web browser, the username and password are both usually admin (but this can vary on your provider etc) and then you should be able to view and change the wireless type and code

No comments:

Post a Comment