Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to set up a home internet network with work computer?

I have a work laptop that I brought home but when I try and connect it to the internet, it searches for the network for my work (which it doesn't find of course). How do I tell it to search for the network at my house?How to set up a home internet network with work computer?
Are you trying to connect wireless or through a cable?





If wireless it is different for each operating system/application. On XP try winkey+E from there you will get windows explorer. You can use help or right click on my network places and click on properties. Right click on the wireless connection and one of the tabs should have a place for you to search for wireless connections. When you find yours double click.How to set up a home internet network with work computer?
You are logging into the domain. You need a local user that can log into the local machine. When you first log in it will say ';log onto'; or something like that. make it point to the local machine. It might let you log in, it might not. If not, just ask IT to give you a local user.

No comments:

Post a Comment