Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I restart my internet/network connection without restarting the computer?

Occasionally (maybe once a week) when I'm on my school's network the internet will be working fine, then suddenly I will lose connection. The only way I've found to restore connection is to restart my computer. Is there any other way to to restart/regain the connection? Unplugging and plugging back in the ethernet cord doesn't work. Also, everyone else's connection is working so the network is fine. P.S. Im using Windows 7.How do I restart my internet/network connection without restarting the computer?
Try this: Start%26gt;Run Type ';cmd'; a black box should pop up...





Camands are: ';ipconfig /release'; then type: ';ipconfig /renew';





I can help you buy remote, give me a call !!!





Y-Wait System Services Inc.


Houston, TX - 832-329-0552


http://www.ywaitsystemservices.com


Contact*: Dan Ramsey





Free Phone Support!!! Remote Help Desk, Computer Repair, Data Recovery, Remote Support, System Maintenance, Online PC Repair, Undelete Data, Driver Issues, Network and Desktop Troubleshooting,...How do I restart my internet/network connection without restarting the computer?
update your ethernet drivers
try clicking the computer or bar icon on the lower right of your screen (where is shows the time) and click it, and it will show different internet connections. if there's not any connections to connect to then the only way is re-start ur computer, hoped it helped =)
Dan is correct try the ipconfig /release, then ipconfig /renew. The last option if that does not work is to disable the LAN connection and then re-enable it. I created a short cut on my desktop to the LAN connection and I can right click on it and disable or enable it. It works in both Vista and XP so it should work in Windows 7 as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment