Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to transfer files between 2 laptops with a network cable?

My hard disk on this laptop is almost full and I want to transfer files from it to another lap top. Both are running on Windows Xp. I鈥檓 pretty sure you can do it with just a network cable (UTP) which I have but I don鈥檛 know how to set up the network between both computers? Help?How to transfer files between 2 laptops with a network cable?
1 Make sure you're in the same workgroup (start %26gt; right click my computer %26gt; properties %26gt; computer name tab %26gt; workgroup)





#2 Go into My Network Places to find other PCs (can find this in the start menu or in my computer)





And as long as they are both on the same network, it should work. You can connect them wirelessly or wired and it will work as long as they are on the same network. I would connect them to a router or something so you don't need a crossover, which you probably don't have.How to transfer files between 2 laptops with a network cable?
Put both computers in the same workgroup. You can check this by going to Control Panel %26gt; System %26gt; Computer Name. Also, make sure the cable you have is a crossover ethernet cable, not a straight-through ethernet cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment