Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I connect to a wireless network?

Ok my roommates and I have a wireless network setup, but I can't seem to log on to it. I have the network password and my roommate says its the same as the network key. I am currently logged on to a random network with no protection, but I want to log on to our network because it is much stronger. I am very frustrated. Any help?How do I connect to a wireless network?
Hi,





It is also possible that the wireless router has MAC address authentication, in which case you will have to add your wireless cards unique MAC address to the router to allow you to correctly authenticate. To find out, log on to the wireless router, and check for a section which shows any existing MAC addresses. To find your own, click on Start, then click Run, then type 'cmd' then hit enter. You will now get a black window, at the prompt type 'ipconfig /all'.





This will display some info, scroll back up until you see the Wireless connection, then look for your 'Physical Address' jot the numbers and letters down, and you will need to put them into the wireless router database.





I would strongly suggest that you do not reset anything on the router, until you have checked with others that are using the router.





all the bestHow do I connect to a wireless network?
Probably you're using wrong passcode. If you suspect then login to router with admin account and reset everything.
  • Electric Scooter
  • mr skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment